Happy Australia Day long weekend!! . It is Saturday morning and I have decided to write this blog article before starting my Australia Day Celebrations with mates. I decided today was the right day to share a freebie tip for Aussie small businesses. Here it is:
** Tip: more and more small business are commissioning 3rd party digital marketing partners (agencies) to work for them. They are doing it quietly and not telling others what they are up to. They are doing this to gain and/or retain a market leading position.
Here are just some of the ways the digital marketing agency is helping them. There are 20-something really-quick-to-read tips here:
- Creating more market awareness about the small business (client) they are working for.
- Making sure their clients branding is ‘on-point’. More about branding here.
- Making sure their car signage has value statements on it and looks HOT. Same too if they have a brick and mortar shop.
- Making sure their marketing messages and unique selling points are getting heard.
- Helping them consider billboard and digital display public and airport signage. Then assisting with ‘creative, clear messaging, clever, quick to read and understand at a glance’ billboard sign design.
- Making sure their website is excellent and a VERY great representation of their business. Making the website an awesome and shiny reflection of the business so that it is REALLY attractive and converts the MOST number of site visitors into enquirers and buyers!
- Helping make the website HIGHLY trustworthy by adding ‘proof to support claims’ into the website – eg. case-studies, customer reviews, testimonials, license numbers, awards, certifications, accreditation, educational insights, insights into processes and quality of materials (as in, life-longevity), and any other thing that backs up what the website says the business can do. Anyone can say anything online. It is the ‘proof to support claims’ on a website that help make the site trustworthy. This is one of the key ingredients to owning a ‘massive performer website‘.
- Business email strategy using Domain Based Email addresses to assist with business branding and website awareness. Back-up system, burner emails for website subscribing, email signatures, redirects, etc.
- Helping self-assess the quality of their business card. Is it ‘high impact’, does it stand out, is it a good representation of the business, has it got a value proposition statement, does it list the businesses core services.
- Same thing for all other print marketing materials the business uses.
- Introducing the business to the latest time saving software tools to increase productivity, training efficiencies, processes and procedures
- Making sure the maximum number of qualified potential customers are finding/discovering the website.
- Setting up Google Adwords campaigns for their client so the business is at the top of ‘page 1’ of the Google Search Results Page when searching on a mobile phone or laptop/ desktop computer so ‘they get the click’ and get the work. They are targeting keyword phrases people are searching to find the services and products they need. Eg. “plumber bundaberg” or “crossfit box hervey bay” or “physio bundaberg” or “outdoor fitness brisbane” or “builder bargara” or “holiday accommodation agnes water” or ANY other search term or industry you can think of
- Setting up Lead Generation Strategies on the website to allow people to give the business their email address and first name (aka: a lead).
- Advertising lead generation campaigns with ‘lead magnets’, autoresponder sequences and a TONNE of strategic thinking for the client on Facebook and other social media using landing pages with opt-ins.
- Helping them build their online mailing list (lead list) and sending out excellent quick to read eNewsletters full of ‘value to the reader’ to activate those in the ‘list’ to become active customers
- Helping re-activate existing customers
- Helping maximise sales for their client
- Coaching their client to assist with their growth and achieving their goals within required timeframes that the small business wants.
- Setting up the Facebook Retargeting Pixel on their website and then retargeting website visitors on Facebook.
- Using other parts of the “Google Display Network” system (Google this term if you have not heard it before) including using Google Remarketing and YouTube ads
- Using video and animation to help with marketing and memorability
- Helping their client retain their achieved market position now and into the future.
- Helping their client use inbound marketing strategies for even more growth
- Plus performing activities like Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- Improving the social media channel usage, the design of their facebook business page, their instagram, etc. AND helping improve their posts.
This is going on right now. You might not know your competitors are doing this. OR you might be a business that already has a great digital marketing partner working for you and are reaping the rewards already, OR you might have figured out how to do all this REALLY well yourself and have the time to set it up and manage it effectively… by working nights and weekends. However we don’t know anyone that is doing that by themselves… it requires a LOT of learning and a lot of dedicated time that business owners and managers prefer to invest in working for their customers and also having a life/ family life… #australiaday
Either way, this is what is going on atm.
The small businesses that are doing this are getting ahead and leaving others in their wake.
If you are not familiar with Google Adwords, here is a quick explainer video:
As a bonus, here is a post that contains some good Lead Magnet ideas for usage in 2019 15 High-Converting Lead Magnet Examples and Ideas
Have a great Australia Day long weekend!!
Jay Daniells and the Green Valley Digital team.
PS. Frank Kern has released a new book called ‘How To Create Internet Campaigns That Sell‘. Frank’s webpage about the book says, “It is dramatically different from anything you’ve ever read because it’s more of a “field guide” to advertising for massive success, than a traditional “book”. The reason why is because there’s no fluff or filler. It immediately gets down to brass tacks, showing you exactly what to do, how to do it, and why. Plus, it’s easy to read. At just 75 pages, you can read it in an afternoon.” View the webpage here to read more about the book. I have just ordered my copy. Look forward to reading it and having it join my other collection of marketing and advertising books.