During 2014 we were asked by Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery to create their new Bundaberg Regional Galleries website. This new website needed to have the following:
- Good use of ‘white space’
- Easy for all delegated staff to update and manage the site including the blog
- Easy to archive past exhibitions within the site
- Easy to use ‘Subscribe to Newsletter (E-Mag)’ System using MailChimp.
- The colour palette needed to be black, white, grey and purple. We needed to match the branding style guide.
- We needed to move a lot of the content from the old site into the new site including archives
- An interactive Map System that displayed and provided information about the Public Art in Bundaberg, Childers and Gin Gin. You can see the maps here. We used PlaceStories technology for this section of the site (a screenshot of the webpage we created is below).
- Be modern in appearance and mobile phone optimised.
- There were many other feature requests that we also included.
The detailed brief was supplied to us by their Marketing & Sponsorship Officer. It was an excellent brief and a joy to work to. We worked with the Marketing & Sponsorship Officer and other team members at the Gallery to produce the new website.
We also provided training to those who were to update sections of the website.
The website can be viewed here: www.bundabergregionalgalleries.com.au
This was a great collaborative effort. Was very enjoyable for us to produce another community website for the Bundaberg Region.
The former Marketing & Sponsorship Officer provided us this testimonial at the time:
I have worked with Jay Daniells and his team for a variety of web projects and now the Bundaberg Regional Galleries website. I have no hesitation in recommending Jay to other businesses and potential clients, as I know that I’m getting the best value for money as well as lots of added advice on SEO and techniques and tips to use that will make my website’s the best they can be and easiest to find for our target audience.
The way Jay and his fellow development team design and build their websites and the way they setup the Admin back-end is impressive. The Admin is so simple and easy to use which means editing, adding and changing text and other elements is fast, intuitive and no fuss. When Jay builds these sites he also gives me the ability to update just about every part of the website – this is typically NOT something other Agencies of Freelancers provide. It therefore also means I spend less money on site updates because I can do more myself.
The continuity of service and recommendations Jay continues to provide throughout the web development process and post-launch are invaluable and the reports on offer give me a great insight into my marketing metrics and whether I need to “tweak” some elements to improve the usability and functions of certain pages within the site.
I have worked with other Web Agencies in the past and used other website CMS’s – Concrete5, Drupal, Joomla etc but the WordPress CMS websites that Jay provides are by far the easiest to use, edit and manage.
– Jess Marsellos
Bundaberg Regional Galleries – Former Marketing & Sponsorship Officer, BUNDABERG Australia