March 2020 Update – COVID-19
** Quick update from us:
Last updated: 24/03/20
We hope that you, your team, your family and friends are all safe and well amidst this pandemic.
We spent the better part of last week assisting clients with website and social media updates and other requests in accordance with their business continuity plans.
We wanted to wait till last night’s Federal Gov announcement before posting much about COVID-19.
We’re keeping calm and focused, just like everybody we know. We understand we will all be living differently now.
We know too we each have a part to play. Prime Minister Mr Scott Morrison made that very clear last night.
As of 12pm today, below are a few of the changes we have made:
- We have reduced our website creation quote fees. Same too for online lead generation and online sales funnels.
- We are now offering 3 months FREE organic and paid traffic driving strategies including SEO, Google Adwords Ads (excluding adspend), Facebook Ads (excluding adspend), etc. These are on offer to those who sign up to minimum 6 month contracts.
- Reduced fees for Market Research and Competitor Research Packages (using tools including SEMRush).
- Reduced fees for Marketing Plans.
- We have also reduced our consultancy and coaching hrly rates, 1/4 day, 1/2 day and full-day rates. We have reduced both our regional and rural and larger city rates.
- Reduced fees for print graphic design.
We started social distancing last Monday and also decided at that time to no longer provide face to face meetings.
As always, we remain available via our website and phone (1300 887 427).
All meetings, consultancy, coaching, etc. are now done via phone, Skype and Zoom calls.
We will add further updates to this page and our Facebook page as needed.
Best thoughts from us. Stay safe,
The Green Valley Digital Team
We will add more resources below as we have time. For now, we have just added a few:
- There are many, many resources already on the Australia.gov website.
- We have been working as a remote team for over 9 years. We’ll share a full list of the software tools we use to do this soon. For now here are some of them: BaseCamp 2, Trello, TimeLeft, Toggl, Facebook PM, Slack (we will be using this more), Hosted Exchange Email, Google Drive, Google Docs.
- Adobe have released a COVID-19 response. You can find it on their website here. On it you will find some really good resources, including strategies on how to work from home.
- This website has just been launched — it is called ‘Virtual Thrive’. It is to aid with working remotely/ virtually… amongst things they are building a database of Virtual Live Business Events. It looks to be the start of a good community website.
- ‘How to recesssion proof your business’. There are some good tips in the PDF document that you can acquire for free from this page.
- Working from home: We will be able to share many tips that have helped us stay focused and productive and self-disciplined over the years. Amongst things, motivational content on YouTube helps. I personally listen to the Arnie’s Motivational Speech (Short version) often. Another quick tip: When family are at home when I am working, I used to ‘dress up for work’ and then go into my office. I explained to my family that when I was in work clothes, this meant I was at work. It helped me get more work done each day… and ensured my days were as productive as if I was in a work-place. In fact, they became even more-so.
- If you’re running a Cafe and need a faster and more automated way for people to be able to place take-away orders, perhaps look at the Eat Appy App. Note: there are also other methods to setup systems like this into your website using WordPress.org plugins.
- We just heard that Adobe are offering 3 months free membership for Adobe CC users. Sounds like though you have to contact Adobe to ask for this. We have written a blog post on how we went about this.
- Warren Buffet has of course been interviewed more than once. Here is a link to one of the recent videos.
Speak with Us
To discuss your needs and requirements during this difficult time, call us on 1300 887 427 or contact us online. Feel free to also ask questions – we are happy to answer them so you can make an informed decision about anything you need.