Marketing Action Plan – Template
We have decided to share our Marketing Action Plan template with you. It is free for you to download and use. Below is a video showing partly what it looks like. We have blurred it out for the sake of confidentiality — it is actually one we have done for a client. It is a MS Word doc. You can download it here.
The Steps To Increase Business Growth
The internet and other innovative technologies have certainly changed our lives and the way we all do business over the past 20-plus years, and even more-so since COVID-19 started.
Perhaps your business, organisation, group or company has an extremely up-to-date holistic marketing plan… or on the other hand perhaps your business has only embraced a few digital marketing strategies.
Either way, the below information is worth a ready. It contains some of the HIGHLY effective series of steps to assist you with effectively updating your marketing plan. There is also a small list at the bottom of this page that links to highly reputable digital marketing online training courses:
Here are some of the steps to update your marketing plan:
- Elevate your business branding and the way it is perceived by your ideal market and ideal buyer personas (ideal customers).
- Elevate your website to ensure it is an excellent representation of your business and that it is fully up to date and offers quality and useful resources and information. It also needs to look and read WAY better than your direct competitors. Ensure too, that it is built to be search engine friendly. Also, make sure it is security updated and is being backed-up regularly.
- Do the free HubSpot Inbound Marketing Course https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/inbound-marketing. It is short and FREE. We strongly recommend doing the activities within this course. This will provide you with important foundational information to help you put together an effective plan.
- Increase exposure and discovery of your business, to stand out from the crowd.
- Run your own race and make your business stand out from the crowd in every way possible. Monitor your competitors though including their pricing methods, prices, value they provide, their branding and everything else you possibly can. We monitor competitors for our clients regularly including what ads they run online, the SEO, social media and everything else they are doing (it is one of our services and we use advanced tools like SEMRush to help us). If you monitor your competitors often, you can counter-act any marketing domination attempts they many make quickly.
- Keep building authority and trust into your website, your social media posts and offline (in the real world). If you have been in business for any amount of time you know that, “Authority & trust lead to demand, demand leads to growth, growth leads to increased revenue and increased profits.”
- Build Online Sales Funnels and landing pages into your website… and create more off-line sales funnels (eg. special offers, promotions, marketing campaigns, competitions, events, etc) as well. Your best promotions and special offers should also be promoted throughout your website.
- Use online advertising platforms to create exposure and awareness to advertise and promote your special offers and marketing campaigns (eg. use Google Ads, Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, Instagram Ads, LinkedIn Ads, YouTube Ad, etc).
- Use other organic and paid strategies to drive more traffic to your website. Look into advanced Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Domain Authority (DA) building and how to do it effectively. Tips: Watch videos by Neil Patel https://www.youtube.com/user/neilvkpatel and SEMRush https://www.youtube.com/user/SEMrushHQ to get started. If you would like our help ask us about our SEO coaching, mentoring and ‘done for you’ service options.
- Follow the Customer Buyer Value Journey methodology, path and chart. Information about it is here https://www.digitalmarketer.com/blog/customer-value-journey/.
- Monitor and measure the performance of each of your websites, social media, marketing and advertising activities.
- If you are not receiving website analytics reports ask your website person about what report options they offer.
- Have HotJar setup on your website and learn how to get the most value from this excellent tool.
- We strongly recommend investing in CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) to strategically improve your website to make it convert MUCH better.
- Grow your mailing list and utilise it correctly.
- Target your ideal customers with child-business websites, social channels and other highly targeted strategies. No one ever said a business should just have one website. Successful people tend to have more than 1 website and more than 1 business… even if they don’t tell you. Often, they keep this a secret. As an example: An Electrician may have a ‘parent business website’, that is the ‘umbrella site’ that explains all that they do. They may also then have a ‘child-business website’ that is branded, positioned and purely focused on communicating that they are experts in commercial electrical projects. They may then also have another ‘child-business website’ purely branded for domestic and residential jobs and projects. Many businesses in many industries have more than 1 website… because it works! Reasons for this related to human psychology, showing you are an expert, targeting, the way the Google algorithm works and many other factors.
Another example is a medical professional, let’s say in this instance we are referring to a Psychologist or a Counsellor. They work closely with people from SO many different walks of life. They may have WAY more than just 3 websites. The same applies to just about any business type.
Successful people, especially NOW in these challenging times, never put all their eggs in one basket — including their business and their website(s).
- Do further research. Watch videos on YouTube, search Google for strategies related to “what digital marketing techniques should I include in my marketing plan in [the current year]”, use our Marketing Plan Template to document your plan, and feel free to reach out to us if you want help.
- Learn how to do effective keyword research. If you learn this you are on your way to learning how to MASSIVELY increase traffic to your website. If your website is excellent, amazing things can happen for your business.
Consider the above steps before preparing your plan.
Remember: A diversified holistic marketing plan approach is key. No one activity will achieve growth. It takes a holistic plan to succeed.
The next step is to determine which of the above activities need to be a priority. Then download our marketing plan template and fill it in.
It can take years to learn how to successfully implement a digital marketing plan yourself and requires a LOT of training. The alternative is to hire an expert team. We can be contacted at any time.
If you want to advance your digital marketing knowledge and skills, view the below online courses:
- Google has a free online resource called Google Garage: https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage-au/course/digital-marketing
- Digital Marketer.com also have courses you can enrol in: https://www.digitalmarketer.com/
- HubSpot has many great online courses https://academy.hubspot.com/
- SEMRush (a tool we use) has a very good course that helps you learn how to get the most out of this tool. It is a VERY powerful tool! https://www.semrush.com/academy/
There are also many other free and paid courses online.
Contact us if you would like information about the ones that will assist.
To discuss your growth needs, give us a call on 1300 887 427 or contact us online. Feel free to also ask questions – we are happy to answer them so you can make an informed decision about any of our services. We look forward to hearing from you.