THERE IS STILL TIME!
So far several of our clients have had their Grant applications approved and have received the money. We are now helping them recover, grow and succeed!
Good news! There is still time to apply for the Grant if you are in Regional or Rural Queensland. The info on the Qld Gov website is here.
You can apply for up to $10,000.
If you submitted an application in Round One and weren’t successful, but still would like to apply – please note: Round Two funding requires a NEW submission. It is important you talk to us before writing your new application.
There are many things you can do with this grant money. The best use of it though depends on your business model, your business plan, your growth goals, and what growth strategies you already have in place… including but not just limited to digital media.
Here are some tips, and insights I recommend reading… EVEN if you are not looking to apply for the grant:
Q: I already have a website – is there more I can do?
A: Yes, there is a LOT more.
It’s great you have a website… however, does it perform the way you want it to? Ask yourself: Are you getting the number of leads, enquiries and sales you want directly from your website every month? If so, that is fantastic! If not, you are in luck! There are MANY, MANY ways we can re-strategise your website, so it performs MUCH, MUCH better to serve you and your business (so that it reaches and exceeds your goals!).
IMPORTANT note: 95% of all small and medium-sized business websites I see online (on a daily basis) are not set up anywhere near well enough to achieve good, let alone GREAT results. I regret to say that there is a 99% chance that your website is NOT performing anywhere near as well as it could… and should! [Side note: You can contact us for a full website audit and review at any time].
When a website is done the right way, it is a ‘marketing machine’ and will kick goals and generate GREAT growth for your business. This is called a ‘performer website’. A performer website is:
- Not expensive
- A MASSIVE investment!
- Makes your business an absolute MINT!
Your website has the potential to be the greatest ‘kick-goals’, no holds barred, sales power-house; a critical and central entity within your business marketing and advertising! It can double, triple and quadruple (etc) your yearly business revenue when crafted and executed the right way! Too few businesses know the FULL POWER of a ‘performer website’.
Some of the ways to enhance your website and help turn it into a performer website:
- It starts with a website strategy (a strategic plan)
- Overhaul your existing website … or start with a fresh new website that blows your competitor’s websites away/ leaves them in the dust. Add new content types (that are of value to your ideal customer target audiences), add amazing and insightful imagery and resources.
- Add great videos.
- Learn about website conversions. Three of the many types of website conversions include leads, enquiries or sales.
- Ask yourself when you last updated your website. If it has not been updated with fresh content within the last 4 months, it is well overdue.
- Is your existing website up to date? Does it explain your business, services and products clearly? If not, it needs updating.
- Does your website reflect your business correctly? Every business I know wants to be perceived as high quality, professional, appealing, great customer service, the best services, the best products, etc. If your website does not look amazing or is not a GREAT visual representation of your business, it needs re-doing, because right now it is costing you a LOT of money each and every day in lost sales. It is holding your business back from great growth! It is amazing what a GREAT website with the right strategies can do for ANY business!
- If you are a fabrication, trade services, cleaning, renovating, healing, etc type business or any business that can show ‘before and afters’, it is a very great idea to show ‘before’, ‘progress’ and ‘after’ photos in your site.
- Do you have a team of professionals doing CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation work) for your website? If not, chances are your competitors do. CRO has been around for many years! It is one of our many core services.
- Can you easily login, update and manage your website? If not, a good Content Management System (CMS) needs to be setup.
- Is anyone within your business (or within your supplier team) using software like MOZ.com or SEMRush.com to monitor how your website is ranking in Google.com.au (and Google Mobile and Bing) for search terms you would want to be ranking for on page 1 (position 1 – 4)? If not, let us know asap. Most of our clients rank for at least 10 keywords phrases (target search terms) … others rank for WAY more (those who have us do SEO work). The amount of traffic and money this makes their businesses each month is LARGE to say the least.
- Are regular full website backups being done? If not you are running the risk of your entire site being lost, if you suffer a major hack. Even more minor hacks can be costly to fix. Preventing this from happening is the best approach.
- Is a professional team (who know what they are doing) doing security maintenance work on your website? If not, it is only a matter of time before your site is hacked.
- Do you have a very experienced expert team (usually a 3rd party digital marketing team) working for you regularly to help you achieve your website and business goals? MANY businesses have been doing this for YEARS and have reaped the rewards! [Remember, the internet and digital marketing have been around for more than 20 yrs! It is not new]. Equipping yourself with the right digital marketing team who are passionate, ethical and become immersed in helping you achieve your goals, is a strategic master-move for your business.. for a better today and a better tomorrow!
- Add lead generators to your website. This works REALLY well to increase your sales!
- Add video to your website. Engaging video is highly memorable.
- Competitor research, including competitor keyword research. This video explains the benefits
- Elevating your website so it is WAY better than that of your direct competitors!
- Streamline your website so people can navigate it more easily and with fewer clicks
- Integrate and embed more of your social media into your website
- A full Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and search engine strategy review (including paid listing with Google Ads)
- A full website redesign/ a brand new website that is strategically planned and implemented from the ground up!
- Landing pages to target keywords phrases, locations, industries, markets, etc.
- Landing pages to promote events, special offers, limited-time marketing campaigns, etc.
- Adding case studies, customer testimonials and other ‘proof to support claims’ (trust-based signals)
- Dramatically increase awareness for your business using inbound marketing within your website…. including but not limited to effective blogging strategies and targeting long-tails (a video about this is here)
Q: What ways can I invest the grant money?
A: You can invest the money into a variety of areas including your website, becoming ‘digitally transformed’ and digital marketing. ‘Digitally transformed’ is just a buzz word meaning ensuring your business uses the latest and best digital marketing strategies correctly. You may already be utilising some of them, but we can review to ensure they are implemented for maximum results. We can also help you add additional strategies that are proven to work. If you don’t have any strategies in place, we can help you too.
Some of the ways you can invest include:
- Revitalising your website and enhancing it to convert WAY better (as mentioned above)
- A full/holistic digital marketing action plan (that also covers effective off-line marketing). We write tailored plans for clients all the time… and those who have already received the grant funding are having us write theirs right now.
- Coaching and mentoring so you can learn more about digital marketing. Remember that old saying about “Teaching a person to fish… ?”
- Building highly strategic landing pages that will convert and digital assets that help with the conversion process. If you have not heard about things like lead magnets, trip-wires, etc don’t worry; we’ve got you covered!
- Have professionals set up and managed Google Ads. We use Google Adwords and it is GREAT! Many of our clients do too!
- Build child-businesses with their own websites, and digital strategies to target specific markets, industries, etc. No-one ever said that a business should only have 1 website. We have more than 1 website… and MANY successful people we know do too!
- Look at updating your brand strategy, signage and print graphic design
- A traffic-driving strategy plan… and implementation plan. Plan and implement the right way and watch your sales start to explode!
- Add claimable offers to your website, flyers, brochures, business cards and other marketing materials. They work wonders!
- Up the anti within your social media. Have a tailored strategy written so it can be implemented. Tip: Search YouTube for search terms like “how do I gain more growth from Instagram in 2020” and “how do I use Linkedin to boost sales in 2020” and “how do I use Facebook to increase sales in 2020” and “how do I gain results from SEMRush in 2020” and “How do I build online sales funnels to build leads and increase sales in 2020” and “what is Many-chat Bot and how will it increase my sales in 2020”. There is a WEALTH of easy to digest information waiting for you on YouTube.
- Have professionals set up retargeting and remarketing into your website and have them run social media ads to create awareness about your landing page marketing campaigns… and other landing page types.
- Automate as many systems you can and spend less time working in and on your business and more time enjoying the rewards!
Note: No matter how attractive your website looks, your website will never yield ANYWHERE near the level of conversions and sales compared to a website that uses landing pages strategically, lead generation effectively, inbound marketing and traffic driving strategies (done the right way)! Don’t settle for a low-level, low-converting lacklustre website. Aim to have a fantastic performer website (or websites) that produce HUGE ROI (Return On Investment). I recommend not settling for anything less!
If you have a brick and mortar shop and don’t yet have an online eCommerce shop website, that too can be set up… with a strategy to gain HIGH volumes of sales success!
Please note: if you already have an online shop setup but it is not yielding the number of sales you want it to each month, you’re in luck… we can help you with that too!
Contact us if you want to apply for the Grant, or would like advice, support and/or great service. Call us on 1300 887 427. It is especially important we have a discussion first before you write your grant application, to ensure you have the greatest chance of receiving the grant funding.